pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 35 |
Post any bug reports of suggestions here for discussion

1/16/2011 3:48:01 AM

zendahl

zendahl
Administrator

davesters81 wrote:

I just fixed this. Somehow one file from an update I am working on made its way onto the live site and it messed up the comment posting. All is back to normal.

Thanks man.

1/16/2011 1:50:33 PM

Mythestopheles

Mythestopheles

davesters81 wrote:

Mythestopheles wrote:
Mythestopheles wrote:
Bug with card quantities in this deck, such as deleted cards showing up as 0.

http://www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/ViewDeck/34352
edited by Mythestopheles on 1/10/2011

Just reposing in case my bug was missed.

That is very strange. I cleared them out for you, but have no idea how that could have happened. I'll look into it tho and see if I can find anything. Very weird. Any other decks this has happened to you on, or just this one?

Thanks, and as far as I know, it has not happened to any other decks.

2/12/2011 1:46:34 AM

Islikaplan

Islikaplan

Two things.

When posting a deck list, it's possible that certain cards are not shown in the deck list, when they are saved in them. Example...

40 land, 34 creatures, 24 spells. Add that up, and it's 98 cards, when the deck size is displayed as 100. I know there are 100 cards in this deck, because when you click on the name of the deck and check that link, you'll see the full deck list again. Here, two cards are missing (Hurricane and Crucible of Worlds). I don't know if it's a bug with specific cards, or just linking in general. For more examples, check out the EDH thread that I've started. A few people have the same problem.

Second bug is the ability to link actual card pictures, and not the text. This is easy to duplicate.
1) Link whatever card you chose with the [ c ] technique.
2) Preview your post. Mouse over your linked cards, and the images will pop up. If it doesn't, then the card is spelled wrong or something. If it does...
3) Highlight and copy card name in the preview post thing.
4) Past it back in the reply/text window. The image will now show up, along with the name of the card right before it. The name will be in blue letters and underlined, as if it's a link. (I just delete the words, because it's redundant at this point)
5) Post it.

When you copy the text in the preview, you also copy the image, even though it's not there for you to actually copy. But I guess that because it's "within" the text, you copy it anyways, and that's how you get this. I don't know if this is a bug and something you don't really want to happen, or if it's a interesting feature that you can make a bit easier to use. The only downside is that it may be a bit spammy, I guess, to see large images of cards, when the link is usually more than enough. It also may cause server lag or something, I don't know. Images up in your face could lag some people out if they have slow computers.

Just sharing what I've found!
edited by Islikaplan on 2/12/2011

2/16/2011 8:43:46 PM

dayday103

dayday103

i recently made a deck, and i posted the code in the link between it says... error invalid deck code, even though i know it is right, do i have to wait a certian amount of time?

2/16/2011 9:11:18 PM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

@Islikaplan - That is very strange. It must be a problem with those two cards. I will investigate them in the database and code. They do show up in the regular deck page, so it must be a combination of the embed script and database. Thanks for catching this!

@dayday - Can you let me know which deck you were trying to use? Make sure that when you use the deck tag that there is nothing else between the [ deck ] and [ /deck ]. It could be that some formatting tags are hidden inside it. Maybe try and completely erase the deck tag you have in your post and retype it again. Don't use any bold or italics or anything where you place the tag and deck number. The only explanation right now is that there was something inside the tags besides the number that is causing trouble. The post editor could have placed a formatting tag inside without you knowing, and it would not be visible to see really.

2/16/2011 9:46:57 PM

Islikaplan

Islikaplan

davesters81 wrote:

@Islikaplan - That is very strange. It must be a problem with those two cards. I will investigate them in the database and code. They do show up in the regular deck page, so it must be a combination of the embed script and database. Thanks for catching this!

There are a few cards that do this. Again, it only occurs when posting them in the forums. I could try to hunt down some cards that also do this if you'd like.

Also, the large card thing... is that a bug, or intended? aka can I use it once in a while? :P

2/17/2011 3:17:59 AM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

Islikaplan wrote:

davesters81 wrote:

There are a few cards that do this. Again, it only occurs when posting them in the forums. I could try to hunt down some cards that also do this if you'd like.

Also, the large card thing... is that a bug, or intended? aka can I use it once in a while? :P

Your post is basically what is happening. When you copy/paste the card name from a post, it is also copying the hidden pop-up HTML data from the link. So, when you paste it into the reply editor it pastes in the image data. You just can't see it because the editor automatically hides it. This was not intentional, but not really a real bug. Just one of those funny things that happen. I can try to see what can be done to prevent it.

You can insert actual images manually from the site with the image insert button on the toolbar. You would need to paste the image link from the card page or something. I've wanted to make it easy to insert images into posts, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I can just add a new tag like the [ c ] tag. It can be like [ img ] or something.

Either way, it wouldn't slow down the computer really as it still pre-loads the images either way. Maybe just being visible would, but don't really know it would make a difference.

2/18/2011 6:05:34 PM

Irtoof

Irtoof

Dont know if this is a bug or whatever but deck editor, advanced search I dont see Mirrodin Besieged in the dropdown window for card sets. I can search the cards by name but it is sooooo much easier to search by set. Thanks for any help.

2/20/2011 3:57:50 PM

nopopon

nopopon

I've tried running a search, but it didn't return any result, so I thought I'd post here.
I just noticed that the card "Mana Crypt" doesn't seem to exist in the deck-builder's database

Link (gatherer)

2/21/2011 1:34:35 AM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

nopopon wrote:

I've tried running a search, but it didn't return any result, so I thought I'd post here.
I just noticed that the card "Mana Crypt" doesn't seem to exist in the deck-builder's database

Link (gatherer)

Mana Crypt is from a special promo set, or in the online game (MTGO). I don't have all of the specialty promo printed cards in the database. I will make a note to get this set and card in there.

2/22/2011 3:32:15 PM

nopopon

nopopon

davesters81 wrote:

nopopon wrote:

Link (gatherer)

Mana Crypt is from a special promo set, or in the online game (MTGO). I don't have all of the specialty promo printed cards in the database. I will make a note to get this set and card in there.

Wow, I never knew it was a promo card. Thanks for the info

By the way, this deck editor is awesome
edited by nopopon on 2/22/2011

2/22/2011 6:11:52 PM

Islikaplan

Islikaplan

Occasionally, when I'm in the process of making a reply to a post (and after I take like 15 minutes to look up all the cards and spelling of them and so on, and looking at other links as I get distracted), and finally hit reply, I get an error message. In a new link, the page is all white, and in the top left corner, it says something along the lines of "Sorry, posting is only allowed for moderators" or something.

Two things: Make me a moderator (j/k) or fix it!

Okay, that sounded rude, but I want to punch a wall when my post gets denied for an unknown reason, and I lose all text I had typed up.

2/23/2011 12:29:40 PM

chibigoddesschaos

chibigoddesschaos

i can't put in an avatar image. the error message is: Error saving the image. Please try again. If this error persists, please let us know.

2/24/2011 1:12:52 AM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

Islikaplan wrote:

Occasionally, when I'm in the process of making a reply to a post (and after I take like 15 minutes to look up all the cards and spelling of them and so on, and looking at other links as I get distracted), and finally hit reply, I get an error message. In a new link, the page is all white, and in the top left corner, it says something along the lines of "Sorry, posting is only allowed for moderators" or something.

Two things: Make me a moderator (j/k) or fix it!

Okay, that sounded rude, but I want to punch a wall when my post gets denied for an unknown reason, and I lose all text I had typed up.

Ouch, sorry about your data loss

I can increase the session lengths to help prevent this from happening. You might have been idle so long your session timed out (ie. > 30 mins), but it should still save your post and let you go back. I will check on this and see what I can do to make it better.

2/24/2011 1:15:16 AM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

chibigoddesschaos wrote:

i can't put in an avatar image. the error message is: Error saving the image. Please try again. If this error persists, please let us know.

Hey there,

Sorry you are having trouble.

Can you let me know what operating system and internet browser you are using? I have had a couple of reports of this before by people using Internet Explorer. I have been unable to figure out what the problem was those couple of times. (Which is weird, because I am using a Microsoft component. You would think it would work perfectly with Internet Explorer). I will take a look at it and do a little research and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks,

2/26/2011 5:17:30 PM

LunaStik

LunaStik

Tokens don't untap when i start a new turn or select untap all (in the test deck section).

2/27/2011 10:06:50 PM

TAGVoar

TAGVoar

I can't seem to view a topic once I have posted on it. Every topic I goto that I have posted on, or just plain posted, I get this message: "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. "

2/28/2011 2:49:24 AM

Arimil

Arimil

I'm having the same problem as Islikaplan.

This deck says it has 75 cards (it has 60). It is also missing a lot of cards that are actually in the deck on the deck page.
edited by Arimil on 2/28/2011

2/28/2011 3:29:49 AM

loki_05

loki_05

Mogg Flunkies won't add into my collection with the 'input cards' page

2/28/2011 5:48:52 PM

LunaStik

LunaStik

Arimil wrote:

I'm having the same problem as Islikaplan.

This deck says it has 75 cards (it has 60). It is also missing a lot of cards that are actually in the deck on the deck page.
edited by Arimil on 2/28/2011

I can answer that one. It includes the sideboard in the deck count.

pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 35 |

Copyright(c) 2009-2014, David Corona

Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, LLC in the United States and other countries. ©2014 Wizards. All Rights Reserved.