MTG Deck Builder News and Updates will be posted here for discussion

2/15/2012 1:45:10 AM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

Hey guys,

After some serious research and consideration, we have decided to move our online store to a new domain. www.topdeckgamers.com. This will allow us to separate our physical store from the deck builder website. We do have a physical retail store in San Antonio and we have just been using this website to sell our singles. This has taken a lot of my time away from updating the deck builder website and put it into the online store and fixing store bugs. We are switching everything to Crystal Commerce so I can focus on this website and not have to worry about constantly fixing the store bugs. I can let the great guys at Crystal Commerce handle everything on their end so I don't have to.

We expect the move to happen near the end of this week. I will still make some updates to keep this website tied as tightly as possible to the new store, but it may not be right from the beginning. Once the store is moved over, I will be able to start adding on all of my updates I have been working on. I have been waiting for this move to happen before I started making my changes live.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have had some big plans for the site, and this is the first step. Look for some really cool new things to come. The first is a complete overhaul of the entire website. It has outgrown itself quickly, and I have been struggling to keep it running smoothly with the heavy traffic spikes we get during some times of the day. It's been tough, and this will speed it up significantly and fix a lot of little bugs all over the site. Should be really good.

Anyways, just giving everyone a heads up. I will post again to announce the final move and any small changes to the site to let you still get the cards you need as easily as possible.

Thanks,
David

2/15/2012 3:16:01 PM

Zoharu

Zoharu
Administrator

I was thinking of asking you when you were planning to do this. This answered my question and then some. Can't wait for this! Also, I vote for a friends/follow list and for moderators to have more powers across the site instead of just in the forums. And also to figure out what to do about blogs so they don't get out of hand anymore

--
MTG Deck Builder's friendly moderator and DCI Rules Advisor

Follow my twitter: @RayZoh

2/16/2012 7:44:38 AM

Killeramnesia

Killeramnesia
Administrator

This is awesome I cant wait for the big change. Ill be glad to buy cards from the new store if they are in stock again haha. I also agree that a freind's list would help people out and more moderator control. One other thing I would like to bring up is getting some T-shirts, I have been doing good in some starcity event and I think wearing a T-shirt for your store or site would help bring in some new people.

2/16/2012 7:53:55 AM

enollava

enollava

Cool news. I look forward to the new site, and I'll for sure look there when considering where I will buy from.

2/16/2012 1:37:20 PM

yshabash

yshabash

Awesome, I can't say I have noticed too manyb ugs on the site save for the occasional lag spikes and times I can't get on. Hopefully this will fix these problems and as Zoharu stated, blogs are getting out of hands at times with some being only a couple of words or a sentence (something that I wouldn't even post onto a forum.) Ever since innistrad It seems the number of these blogs has gone down, but they still pop up from time to time.

2/23/2012 11:44:52 PM

davesters81

davesters81
Administrator

OK, guys the store is officially closed on this domain and now up and running on www.topdeckgamers.com. I am transferring over the inventory right now. This new domain also has a lot of cool things all stores usually have that we were lacking with this site. I just did not have the time necessary to implement them, but now we have them all! Here are a few things we will have and now start doing with the store separate from the deck building site:

- Wishlists that will let you know when cards come back in stock. We are currently adding some new large collections into the system so we hope to really increase our stock quite a bit within the next week or so.
- We are going to be buying cards now. We are working on our buylists, but we will start buying cards within a week for cash or store credit. This will also let us grow the inventory at a much faster rate.
- Selling of promos, specialty cards and other things we were not able to sell on this site. We are also going to start carrying Altered Art cards.

This site is loosing some of the tight integration it had with prices of cards and decks, but I will be adding it back in very quickly once I can start pulling data from the new store. Look for the new store to be populated with our complete inventory within a day or less.

And, like I said I am very excited about what I will be able to do with this site now that I can focus all my energy on it. Look for some very cool things to come, and I have some amazing ideas. But, first thing is first, I gotta get the new revamp online and see if I can get the whole site running faster. I am also looking into another server upgrade because the site is already outgrowing the new one I just moved it to a couple of months ago.

@Killer - I emailed you somewhat recently asking for your shirt size. We finally got shirts made. Shoot me an email when you get a chance so I can send you one.

Thanks!

2/28/2012 10:50:37 PM

Miasthma

Miasthma

I'd totally be down on sporting MTG Deckbuilder shirts at all the events I participate in. This site is far and away the best deckbuilders tool on the web. You normally have to pay to get this kind of functionality. Love the site. Keep up the great work!

3/1/2012 10:29:47 AM

Greenmeanie72

Greenmeanie72

Cool. I was wandering what was going on. I really like this site. It allows me to keep a list of the decks i have and shows how much I have spent on it. I'm also excited to here that your inventory is going to be growing. I would have made purchases from here but it always showed it was out of stock. Looking forward to the new and improved site.

3/1/2012 7:34:02 PM

Killeramnesia

Killeramnesia
Administrator

@Dave I sent you an email at your topdeckgamers support email on regard of the T-Shirt.

3/2/2012 5:25:37 PM

EchoMaster

EchoMaster

The deckbuilder part of your website has stopped responding for me. I can access everything else, and I can still test and add and remove cards from the one faeries deck I had open before about a few hours ago, but nothing else works. Neither does Importing cards, even for the one deck that works.
What could be causing this problem? Is it just me or has anyone else complained? Is it some sort of scheduled maintenance, or common glitch that will go away once the traffic decreases?

Sorry to bother you, but it is incredibly frustrating having no viable options other than playing the same deck over and over again.

3/3/2012 10:15:09 AM

HankSingle

HankSingle

I never realized how much I use and appreciate this site until I tried to sign in this morning and it wouldn't work.

With that in mind, I am thrilled both that things are going well enough for you to necessitate the move, and that, while I don't know how you'd do it, this wonderful site might get even better.

3/21/2012 9:38:21 AM

Darth46and2

Darth46and2

I can't find Helvault. sad face

4/22/2012 8:33:26 PM

dragonfan1

dragonfan1

Can you make it so you can buy the decks you create?

4/24/2012 11:29:53 PM

Fergusisthebest

Fergusisthebest
Administrator

Cant we already do that?

--

We have a private message system! Use it!

5/16/2012 6:15:49 PM

handenes

handenes

reanimate

5/15/2013 2:50:44 PM

Reshkay

Reshkay

Is there a way to contact Crystal Commerce to inform the of the Store's ordering system not working?

5/18/2013 11:29:09 AM

Fergusisthebest

Fergusisthebest
Administrator

Crystal commerce?

--

We have a private message system! Use it!

Copyright(c) 2009-2014, David Corona

Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, LLC in the United States and other countries. ©2014 Wizards. All Rights Reserved.