General MTG Deck Builder discussions here

8/5/2012 9:17:11 AM

komathedestroyer

komathedestroyer

okay so i am a noob. I do know how to play the game and im no stranger to tournaments. But as im new to playing this card game i have some questions.
1. What is so great about delver?
2. What cards are good trade fodder atm. I dont feel like carrying 5 boxes worth of cards to every tournament lol
3. i need help on my deck to make it ready to bring to my local hobby shop. Mostly need sidedeck help but deck suggestions would be nice to

Thanks in advance for any tips or help provided

8/5/2012 12:26:24 PM

TheBeatnikMick

TheBeatnikMick

1) Delver is good because it puts your opponent on a fast clock since it's usually a 3/2 beatstick with evasion by turn 2. That isn't to say that it isn't easy to deal with, but it puts you in a reactionary position if you're playing against it.
2) What is good trading fodder is usually based on what you're willing to trade and what you want. Duel lands, payable mythic like Thundermaw Hellkite and Sublime Archangel, any planeswalker.
3) I would maybe cut two spells and add two land, just to make your land draws more consistent.
edited by thebeatnikmick on 8/5/2012

8/5/2012 1:20:40 PM

komathedestroyer

komathedestroyer

thanks for the info buddy. Ill prolly cut the 2 spells and add more land. and im playtesting a bunch atm to see how it does. What would u suggest for a sidedeck. ik its meta based but any generics that might help?

8/6/2012 5:55:24 PM

AliceBlk

AliceBlk

If you trade up one or 2 of your red spells for thunderous wrath. They can really tip any game in your favor if you are lucky enough to draw it. Good luck at your next FNM! :p

8/7/2012 10:38:01 AM

komathedestroyer

komathedestroyer

lol i keep forgetting thunderous wrath. i need to buy 2 more of those. just hope i dont see any in my starting hand lol

Copyright(c) 2009-2014, David Corona

Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, LLC in the United States and other countries. ©2014 Wizards. All Rights Reserved.